Day 4 Cannes News

Today @ Cannes

Official Competition: Mike Leigh’s Another Year will watch it but with not much expectations.

Out of Competiton: Woody Allen’s You Will Meet a Dark Stranger, of course will watch has an excellent cast, check Anthony Hopkins excerpt at the trailers blog.

Midnight Screenings: Gregg Araki’s Kaboom, not my kind of movie; by the way one of the films that will compete for the Queer Palm.

Un Certain Regard: Both movies are must be seen for me, Xavier Dolan’s Les Amours Imaginaires and Christoph Hochhausler’s Unter Dir Die Stadt (The City Below).

Cannes Classics: Wish I could watch restored Tristana by Luis Buñuel! Also today Sam George's Hollywood Don’t Surf and Mrinal Sen Khandar (The Ruins).

Cinema de la Plage: Ettore Scola’s 1982 La Nuit de Varennes.

Quinzaine: Think I’ll watch Cam Archer’s Shit Year because his photographer background, but I wonder if I’ll enjoy the film… the story is acceptable but according to clips, I’m still wondering. Also today Aktan Arym Kubat’s Svet-Ake and Jorge Michel Grau’s Somos Lo Que Hay that absolutely is must be seen for me. Up at official sites are videos with interviews to film directors.

Semaine de la Critique: Rebecca Zlotowski Belle Epine plus the short film Native Son by Scott Graham. Also the most puzzling film for me this year, Rubber by Quentin Dupieux. Photos and videos are up at the official site.

The Not serious news

After browsing around I reached the conclusion that yesterday was not an interesting day as there are not many 'relevant' news. The most 'interesting' piece of information I found today is that Woody Allen says that Carla Bruni is "very theatrical" and yes she's doing 'something' in his new film. Then American critics liked Stone's Wall Street 2 and call it entertaining... but there was something "missing" that no one put to words.

At Woody Allen's film red carpet there were a lot of 'celebrities' that suddenly are at Cannes, but I can understand that everyone has to watch the latest Allen film that early buzz says that the best performance belongs to Sir Anthony Hopkins.

In this red carpet moment we see Aish with her mother.

 
Free Host | new york lasik surgery | cpa website design