63rd Festival de Cannes Official Selection Awards Winners

Update - Just noticed that I never fixed this post! I'm doing it right now.

I'm ready!!! The ceremony is about to start, as the red carpet is over...

Will fix the post as soon as I get my network ready as believe it or not I LOST my internet connection!!! LOL!!! Boy that was 'exciting' (grrrr).

Think that first I'll watch the video and then will fix the post... not online yet and Canal+ is showing Ken Loach's Looking for Eric, that's strange! Okay, they have stopped and hope will have the video asap. Clips with awards are up.

Haven't seen the closing ceremony video but it's official "I LOVE TWITTER" (already have an account) where I followed a 'serious' twitter: Euronews. Merci beaucoup Euronews, which was faster than any other #cannes twit.

Seems that after many years watching movies I developed a good eye for movies as if you read the post with my only predictions I guessed just from watching videos/clips/trailers right 3 out of 3! Alright, one was a tie that I could never imagined, but I do like Elio Germano and have seen several movies just to watch his performance.

So here are the winners for this year.

Palme d'Or: Lung Boonmee Raleuk Chaat (Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives), Apichatpong Weerasethakul, Spain, Thailand, Germany, UK, and France, 2010

Grand Prix: Des Hommes et Des Dieux (Of Gods and Men), Xavier Beauvois, France, 2010

Prix du Jury: Un Homme qui Crie (A Screaming Man), Mahamat-Saleh Haroun, France, Chad and Belgium, 2010

Best Director: Mathieu Amalric for Tournée (On Tour), France, 2009

Best Actress: Juliette Binoche in Copie Conforme (Certified Copy), Abbas Kiarostami, France and Italy, 2010 (BRAVO!!!!)

Best Actor (tie):
Javier Bardem in Biutiful, Alejandro González Iñárritu, Spain and Mexico, 2009
Elio Germano in La Nostra Vita (Our Life), Daniele Luchetti, Italy and France, 2010

Best Screenplay: (Poetry), Lee Chang-dong, South Korea, 2010

Camera d'Or: Año Bisiesto, Michael Rowe, Mexico

Collateral Awards

FIPRESCI Award: Tournée (On Tour), Mathieu Amalric, France, 2009

Ecumenical Jury: Des Hommes et Des Dieux (Of Gods and Men), Xavier Beauvois, France, 2010
Special Mention:
Another Year, Mike Leigh, UK, 2010
시 (Poetry), Lee Chang-dong, South Korea, 2010

Prix de la Jeunesse: Copie Conforme (Certified Copy), Abbas Kiarostami, France and Italy, 2010

Short Films

Best Short: Chienne d'Histoire (Barking Island), Serge Avedikian, France
Jury Prize: Micky Bader (Bathing Micky), Frida Kempf, Sweden and Denmark, 2009

Prix France Culture Cinema: Ronit Elkabetz
Prix du Talent Europeen: Polish Pawel Pawlikowski for his project Sister of Mercy

To check the list at the official site go here.

 
Free Host | new york lasik surgery | cpa website design